Forum
    • Categories
    • Register
    • Login
    1. Home
    2. David Healey
    3. Posts
    • Profile
    • Following 1
    • Followers 85
    • Topics 1,094
    • Posts 25,846
    • Groups 1

    Posts

    Recent Best Controversial
    • RE: Could someone help me compile my vst3 plugin that was made in hise on windows for macOS?

      @griffinboy said in Could someone help me compile my vst3 plugin that was made in hise on windows for macOS?:

      As I understand it, Github Actions is designed more for lightweight tasks,

      With help from Claude I've just set up actions for compiling HISE on all three OSs. Same should be possible for compiling HISE projects.

      posted in General Questions
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Multiple samplemaps utilising same samples without inflating file size.

      @shashwatshukla I think I'm the only person using this feature so the info I gave you is probably all there is.

      posted in General Questions
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Anyone running Logic 12.3.1 on MacOS Golden Gate?

      @dannytaurus I don't know, I was just told Golden Gate, it's not my customer it's a third-party's

      posted in General Questions
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Anyone running Logic 12.3.1 on MacOS Golden Gate?

      @dannytaurus said in Anyone running Logic 12.3.1 on MacOS Golden Gate?:

      You're unable to recreate the crash, or the config?

      Both. I don't have that version of macOS or Logic.

      I'm running ventura and an older version of Logic and I don't get the crash and AUVal is happy.

      posted in General Questions
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Not finding LoadNAMModel

      @marceau-dng said in Not finding LoadNAMModel:

      I installed the latest version with the launcher btw

      Build from source

      posted in Scripting
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • Anyone running Logic 12.3.1 on MacOS Golden Gate?

      Had a user report a crash issue with this config which I'm unable to recreate. Wondering if it's specific to this setup and would like someone else to try it for me.

      Install Rhapsody 3.3.0 from here: https://librewave.com/rhapsody/
      Add it to a track in Logic and see if it crashes.

      Thanks

      posted in General Questions
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Not finding LoadNAMModel

      @marceau-dng I don't know anything about it, but according to the API doc it needs to be called on a NeuralNetwork object

      7422d373-ec65-4f6a-9e0d-dbd1231e69a8-image.png

      posted in Scripting
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Could someone help me compile my vst3 plugin that was made in hise on windows for macOS?

      @dontoyumur I'm using Proxmox but that requires setting up a machine dedicated to only VMs which is probably overkill for your needs.

      Another option is to use github actions (not something I've looked into yet though).

      posted in General Questions
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Could someone help me compile my vst3 plugin that was made in hise on windows for macOS?

      @dontoyumur I use virtual machines for compiling on all operating systems so it can definitely work. Might need to try different VM software.

      posted in General Questions
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Could someone help me compile my vst3 plugin that was made in hise on windows for macOS?

      @dontoyumur said in Could someone help me compile my vst3 plugin that was made in hise on windows for macOS?:

      However, I don’t have access to a mac, so Im unable to build the macOS version myself.

      You can use a virtual machine. You'll need to be able to compile and run it yourself so you can test it. You'll also need to codesign and notarize it so it will run on other user's systems.

      posted in General Questions
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Will vst3 that was made in hise on Windows work on macOS?

      @dontoyumur It will only run on Windows. Check out the rest of the Bootcamp course to see how to compile on macOS and Linux.

      posted in General Questions
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Does everyone turn HISE_COMPLAIN_ABOUT_ILLEGAL_BUFFER_SIZE off?

      @dannytaurus Keeps crashing apparently, didn't get much detail. He (or perhaps an AI he used) found the same solution as the other guy though:

      Open Rhapsody and at the top open the Gear icon then the Plugin/Gear icon.

      Click on the Troubleshooting tab right next to Processing at the top of that window.
      In FL Studio 2026, Image-Line moved Use fixed size buffers into that Troubleshooting tab. Once you click it, you will see a toggle switch labeled Use fixed size buffers.
      Turn that switch ON. If a warning popup appears asking to confirm, click OK/Yes.

      In the Processing tab, turn Allow threaded processing OFF (click the orange light next to it so it goes dark). Disabling multithreading on this specific wrapper stops HISE-based plugins like Rhapsody from throwing buffer exceptions during playback.

      posted in General Questions
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Does everyone turn HISE_COMPLAIN_ABOUT_ILLEGAL_BUFFER_SIZE off?

      I just had another user run into an issue on FL Studio. Again the solution was the troubleshooting tab. Definitely something that seems to be unique to HISE plugins.

      posted in General Questions
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Anyone else hit this Engine.getUptime() crasher?

      @dannytaurus yes, with laf

      posted in Bug Reports
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Anyone else hit this Engine.getUptime() crasher?

      @dannytaurus Aha, I use the built in peak meter floating tile for level display, I think it has some options for controlling the decay time, using laf you can probably style the overs to have the appearance you want. If it doesn't do what you need already I would look at extending it.

      posted in Bug Reports
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Anyone else hit this Engine.getUptime() crasher?

      @dannytaurus said in Anyone else hit this Engine.getUptime() crasher?:

      Is there a more HISE-y way to keep an overs indicator showing for 1.5s after an over hits?

      I'm not sure what an over is :)

      posted in Bug Reports
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Anyone else hit this Engine.getUptime() crasher?

      @dannytaurus I think I have used getUptime in a few of my interface scripts, mostly I use it in non-deferred scripts though, could that make a difference? But it looks like a good bug fix either way.

      posted in Bug Reports
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Velocity layers overlapping issue

      @lijas90 said in Velocity layers overlapping issue:

      I still get quite a noticeable jump between the different samples.

      I don't think this is a phase alignment issue - although that may be a separate issue that you'll need to deal with - this sounds more like a volume issue.

      Are your samples normalised?
      Are you applying a gain curve at the same time as the group xfade?
      Are the samples perfectly in tune?
      Are the sample starts trimmed tightly?

      posted in General Questions
      David HealeyD
      David Healey
    • RE: Anyone else hit this Engine.getUptime() crasher?

      @dannytaurus I don't do any long running animations with timers so that's probably why I haven't hit such issues.

      posted in Bug Reports
      David HealeyD
      David Healey