Installing Samples Dialog....

• OK I guess you are going to be in here at some point so...given I'm on a roll with this request= instant development thing...

It might be nice if there was a compile flag that allowed me to select either or both of the buttons on the install samples dialog:

either

Save Samples

or

Select sample folder

or both.

It would also be nice if we could define a (fixed size) graphic to use as a background in these dialogs or at least select a background and button/text colour set.

• It would also be nice if we could define a (fixed size) graphic to use as a background in these dialogs or at least select a background and button/text colour set.

The beauty of open source:

https://github.com/christophhart/HISE/blob/master/hi_tools/hi_tools/HI_LookAndFeels.h

Line 941+ 🙂

• @Christoph-Hart Oh very nice... now if I could just change the text and remove the bottom button....☺

• I'm trying to simplify the initial dialog for HISE plugins here. I checked out the HI_LookAndFeels.h but didn't see anything related to the "install" or "locate" buttons that show up on first launch.
    I did, however, find the data in:
    hi_components\plugin_components\FrontendBar.cpp
    Line 50+

addAndMakeVisible(installSampleButton = new TextButton("Install Samples"));

I tried commenting this line out, but it removes the entire GUI from my plug when I compile.
    @Christoph-Hart any hints?

• @dustbro said in Installing Samples Dialog....:

I tried commenting this line out, but it removes the entire GUI from my plug when I compile.

Yes you are creating the object in this line and commenting this out will lead to a null pointer access later so you can be happy that it didn't crash.

Without going to deep into what you're trying to do, what you wanted to do can be achieved by putting

installSampleButton->setVisible(false);

somewhere after this line. I can't say whether this is helpful for your intentions though - what do you want to prettify exactly?

• @Christoph-Hart said in Installing Samples Dialog....:

what do you want to prettify exactly?

I don't plan on using the HRx format for distribution, so I don't want to confuse the end user with access to a button to install them. All I need is 1 button to locate the sample folder on first launch.

Users

Topics