Preset browser additions
I've made a few additions to the preset browser which some of you might find useful. These are available in my fork and I've also opened a pull request for Christoph to merge them into the main source. Nothing I've done should break anything although I've made the favourite icon in the preset column take the text colour instead of the highlight colour which may be important to you. Really I'd like this to take the
itemColour2property but haven't figured out how to do it yet.
Added Data properties to:
- Show/hide the Add, Rename, Delete buttons
- Change the bounds (x, y, w, h) of the search bar
- Add vertical padding to the rows of each column. Fav icon in preset column is not affected.
- Apply vertical offset to y position of edit buttons, so you can move them up. The list box is adjusted accordingly.
- Apply offset to bounds (x, y, w, h) of the list boxes, so you can make them shorter, longer, fatter, thinner, etc.
- Fixed a bug where selecting or deselecting an item in the expansion column didn't clear the other columns correctly.
- Use column area instead of list area for painting the column background - this might have the effect of visually shifting the edit buttons down slightly (they are actually in the same place but will look lower) you can counteract this with the edit button vertical offset property I added.
@d-healey Nice! Any chance you can figure out why Favorites is not working on expansions while you're poking around?
@dustbro What's the problem exactly?
@d-healey I don't think it works at all for expansions. Clicking on the star doesn't highlight it, and the favorites folder remains empty.
HNY as well!
@dustbro I'll see if I can do anything about it, I also noticed tags and tag editing seem to be completely broken.
Images as list items
@dustbro I couldn't get anywhere with the favourites (or tags). I'm having a go at rolling my own preset browser directly in HISE. It's a fair bit of work but it only needs to be done once and if it all works it will give the most flexibility and be better than trying to beat the stock preset browser into a new shape
@d-healey Nice work so far.
@dustbro I'm giving up on the custom preset browser (for now) definitely more work than I anticipated, but also definitely a possibility.
I'm looking into fixing the expansion preset favourites. I've found that the db.json file is loaded from the project's root user preset directory when the program first opens. And it isn't reloaded when you select an expansion in the expansion column.
I've changed this now so that the database file is reloaded when you select or deselect an expansion. This still doesn't solve the problem though Right now the issue I have is I don't fully understand how the database variable is being utilised, my task for tomorrow is to try and figure it out.
@Christoph-Hart any hints?
dustbro last edited by dustbro