Changing Impulses in Scriptnode.

• I have a plugin in the works where I changed/switched Impulses in the scriptnode Convolution but in the latest version I can see that the convolution loader has been changed and my loading has stopped working.

Couple of questions.

1. I can now see that the convolution has a sample map option , does that mean I should make a sample map of the Impulses used - in a sampler? , then load that sample map into the convolution and switch the impulses that way ? Would that mean I can no longer embed the impulses , which I would prefer ?

2. Does anyone know what exactly changed to make it so that I can no longer load/switch impulses in the scriptnode convolution? Or can tell me how to change impulses in the scriptnode convolution on the fly ?

I just picked up HISE again after a lengthy pause , trying to catch up here .

• Well, actually the SampleMap option will be removed from the convolution node - it allows multiple samples to be loaded in a sampler-type node but makes no sense for a convolution node. But since it uses the same data type under the hood it's still available as a (pointless) option.

Now is probably a weird time to come back to HISE since so much has changed for HISE 3.0 and I'm currently tying up loose ends (like this), so you will have to expect a few weird hiccups like this during the next weeks - however reporting these things are very helpful at the moment because I tend to have a blind spot for the most obvious issues at the moment...

• @Christoph-Hart said in Changing Impulses in Scriptnode.:

is probably a weird time to come back to HISE since so much has changed for HISE 3.0 and I'm currently tying up loose ends (like this), so you will have to expect a few weird hiccups like this during the next week

Ok, thanks !
    So I should consider this a temporary bug and the loading should work again with my current code once fixed ?

P.s one of my synth projects crashes when trying to open in the new version , wonder if you want to see the project or should I just wait until bugs have been ironed out ?

• @lalalandsynth said in Changing Impulses in Scriptnode.:

So I should consider this a temporary bug and the loading should work again with my current code once fixed ?

Yes. If you can create a minimal example that reproduces the issue, it will be easier for me to track down the issue.

wonder if you want to see the project or should I just wait until bugs have been ironed out ?

Same here, the most efficient way would be a minimal example - the list of issues is long, but the faster I can reproduce stuff the higher the chances are to land at the top of the queue.

Users

Topics