Standalone app icon

• hello !
    said in the title:
    how to create a standalone app icon ?
    when you create SA, the .exe file as a "common/standard" icon.

How to personalize it ?

thanks

• Just put a square PNG image called exactly Icon.png in the Image directory and it will use this as icon. The resolution doesn't matter, but I recommend using at least 256x256.

• hello !
    thanks !

1- i didn't think that was so simple !
    2 - yes, all icons are arlready 256px max (most of time it's 128px)

EDIT: tried, tested and .... work perfectly ! that rocks !
    Christoph i tell you for the last time now !!!! stop ruling the world with HISE please !!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @Christoph-Hart said in Standalone app icon:

Just put a square PNG image called exactly Icon.png in the Image directory and it will use this as icon. The resolution doesn't matter, but I recommend using at least 256x256.

I know this is late, but still so relevant. Has there been added any more support for OS-specific app icon image types? For example, on macOS you would use a .icns made in multiple sizes using the terminal app "iconutil". Nothing comes up on a search in the docs.

• @andioak Following the above advice works on MacOS too.

• @d-healey Okay, but the icons should be a .icns file, a multi-png icon file with all resolutions. Made with this script: (iconutil)

# shell script for creating an icon for an application from a set of input images

input_filepath="icon_name_1024_x_1024.png"
    output_iconset_name="outputicon.iconset"
    mkdir $output_iconset_name

sips -z 16 16     $input_filepath --out "${output_iconset_name}/icon_16x16.png"
    sips -z 32 32     $input_filepath --out "${output_iconset_name}/icon_16x16@2x.png"
    sips -z 32 32     $input_filepath --out "${output_iconset_name}/icon_32x32.png"
    sips -z 64 64     $input_filepath --out "${output_iconset_name}/icon_32x32@2x.png"
    sips -z 128 128   $input_filepath --out "${output_iconset_name}/icon_128x128.png"
    sips -z 256 256   $input_filepath --out "${output_iconset_name}/icon_128x128@2x.png"
    sips -z 256 256   $input_filepath --out "${output_iconset_name}/icon_256x256.png"
    sips -z 512 512   $input_filepath --out "${output_iconset_name}/icon_256x256@2x.png"
    sips -z 512 512   $input_filepath --out "${output_iconset_name}/icon_512x512.png"

iconutil -c icns $output_iconset_name

rm -R $output_iconset_name

I mean if one is to be a good boy and future-proof the icons on mac with all the resolutions (retina, 4k, 5k, 8k etc)

So can I just use a icon.icns instead?
    @Christoph-Hart

A large png file is sometimes not that pretty once it is downsized, can be blurry.

• @andioak It is coded directly asIcon.png at different places in Hise...

• @andioak -- no don't do this. Inserting your own icons in a mac build will cause it to fail to notarize (well that's my experience anyway,,).

Can anyone confirm that using the "Icon.png method" produces a stand alone that will pass notarization?

• I will let you know in an hour ๐Ÿ™‚

• @Lindon Yes it does. I did this in a video last week (I think).

• @Lindon said in Standalone app icon:

@andioak -- no don't do this. Inserting your own icons in a mac build will cause it to fail to notarize (well that's my experience anyway,,).

Aha, thanks for that caveat! ๐Ÿ™‚ So if iยดm deadly serious about rez-snaz I gotta go into the hise source and add some if:s. Not sure that the amazing feeling seeing my logo in 8k instead of 4k is worth that atm. But one fine day, it shall shine.

Users

Topics