AU Plug-in not showing up
OK now I'm having big problems with an AU plug-in.
I've compiled the project on both Windows and Mac, everything works fine on windows.
But on the Mac the VST shows up in Reaper, but the AU doesnt - and it wont show up in GarageBand either. All my other plug-ins compile(as AU) and show up on the Mac no problem.
I'm getting no errors on the compile - the component is sitting there in the usual spot... but I cant get a DAW to recognise it
Anyone get any clues?
Christoph Hart last edited by
Try running auval on it - it‘s a built in command line tool that validates AU plugins.
@Christoph-Hart Ok well I tried that - well I tried this first:
-- and it doesnt appear in the list,
it cant be its name can it its called "S One.component"
Lindon last edited by Lindon
@Lindon ...hang on it might be I've duplicated the Plugin code...checking...checking
@Lindon yes user error - had the same Plug In code.
So for those of you arriving here with the problem that your Mac VSTs work but the AU version doesn't -
VST doesn't seem to care what the plugin code is - but AU does - so if you have duplicates then it will load the first and not any duplicate.. check you are using a unique code for each product.
dustbro last edited by
@Lindon I've had the same issues in the past. Ended up being the same code. Blacklisted in Cubase and wouldn't open in garageband or logic.