Forum
    • Categories
    • Register
    • Login

    Moonbase GBP feature request

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Questions
    2 Posts 2 Posters 7 Views
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • dannytaurusD
      dannytaurus
      last edited by dannytaurus

      If you sell through Moonbase and any of your customers are in the UK, this affects you.

      Moonbase can only hold your balance in EUR or USD. There is no GBP holding currency. Per their help centre, that has two effects:

      • If you set a GBP price, you pay a 3% currency surcharge on every one of those sales (EUR is 0%, USD is 1%), and the money is converted out of GBP before it is held.
      • If you don't set a GBP price, Moonbase converts for the buyer and the surcharge lands on your UK customer instead.

      For UK-based sellers it is worse, because the money then gets converted back to GBP at payout. So a sale from a UK customer to a UK seller goes GBP to EUR or USD then back to GBP, with a surcharge on the way.

      I asked Moonbase about it. Tobias @tobbentm replied quickly and opened a feature request, but said there is no timeline yet:

      https://feedback.moonbase.sh/p/gbp-as-holding-currency

      It's been open since the end of August and has two votes, one from me and one from Tobias. I suspect that's because nobody knows it exists, not because nobody cares.

      The UK is a big market for plugins, and I guess most sellers here have a decent share of UK buyers. For me it's about 35%.

      If this matters to you, an upvote and a one-line comment with your rough GBP split would help them prioritise it.

      For context: I'm not on Moonbase yet. I'm planning a move from Gumroad, Moonbase is where I want to end up, and this is one of the few things holding me back. So this isn't a complaint about them. They have been responsive, and this is the kind of thing a vote count can move.

      HISE dev latest / herdr + Claude Code / Figma + Affinity
      Meat Beats: https://meatbeats.com
      Klippr Video: https://klippr.video

      David HealeyD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
      • David HealeyD
        David Healey @dannytaurus
        last edited by

        @dannytaurus Voted, I don't see a per-currency breakdown in Moonbase though so not 100% sure about the split.

        Free HISE Bootcamp Full Course for beginners.
        YouTube Channel - HISE tutorials
        My Patreon - More HISE tutorials

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
        • First post
          Last post

        5

        Online

        3.0k

        Users

        14.0k

        Topics

        121.7k

        Posts