Forum
    • Categories
    • Register
    • Login

    Could someone help me compile my vst3 plugin that was made in hise on windows for macOS?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Questions
    13 Posts 6 Posters 117 Views
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      dontoyumur @David Healey
      last edited by

      @David-Healey Thanks for replying! I forgot to tell that i have already tried to run virtual machine but unfortunately it didnt work because of technical restrictions imposed by Apple on macOS virtualization. So im just looking for someone who can just try to compile my project file on hise on mac for me and just send me this vst3 file, and nothing else for this moments. When ill get to mass distribution of software ill make sure to notarize it, but i dont actually need it for rn

      David HealeyD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • David HealeyD
        David Healey @dontoyumur
        last edited by

        @dontoyumur I use virtual machines for compiling on all operating systems so it can definitely work. Might need to try different VM software.

        Free HISE Bootcamp Full Course for beginners.
        YouTube Channel - HISE tutorials
        My Patreon - More HISE tutorials

        D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • D
          dontoyumur @David Healey
          last edited by

          @David-Healey Alr, i will try it but for rn if someone will just compile my plugin on mac it would be enough for me. But i still want to ask which VM software you using?

          David HealeyD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • David HealeyD
            David Healey @dontoyumur
            last edited by

            @dontoyumur I'm using Proxmox but that requires setting up a machine dedicated to only VMs which is probably overkill for your needs.

            Another option is to use github actions (not something I've looked into yet though).

            Free HISE Bootcamp Full Course for beginners.
            YouTube Channel - HISE tutorials
            My Patreon - More HISE tutorials

            griffinboyG dannytaurusD 2 Replies Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • griffinboyG
              griffinboy @David Healey
              last edited by

              @David-Healey
              As I understand it, Github Actions is designed more for lightweight tasks,
              For this kind of work, a proper VM is better suited I think.
              And then, real hardware is above that.

              Custom C++ DSP (for commission)

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • dannytaurusD
                dannytaurus @David Healey
                last edited by

                @David-Healey @griffinboy I tried the VM route for running Windows on Mac but didn't like it.

                In the end I bought and set up two second hand machines:

                • 2020 Dell Latitude 5420 dual-booting Windows 10 and 11
                • 2018 Intel MacBook Pro booting to Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura, Sonoma and Sequoia

                Each laptop cost about £250 (Back Market and Amazon) and a few hours setting everything up.

                Along with my daily Apple Silicon laptop, I can now reproduce and test in all my supported systems without any virtualisation overhead or quirks.

                HISE dev latest / herdr + Claude Code / Figma + Affinity
                Meat Beats: https://meatbeats.com
                Klippr Video: https://klippr.video

                griffinboyG 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                • griffinboyG
                  griffinboy @dannytaurus
                  last edited by griffinboy

                  @dannytaurus

                  This is also my recommendation.

                  (I can't speak for second hand, since I bought my machines new, but I bet it would be fine)

                  I didn't mention it, because this question was asked by a beginner who might not appreciate the bombardment, but my own personal setup is a lab of 7 physical computers with intentionally different hardware and operating systems (Two for Windows, two for MacOS two for Linux) and each one of these computers also has VMs as well as its native OS.

                  These are all hooked up to my main PC, and I interact with them through commands, so that I can work on code on my main development computer, and compile and benchmark on the other machines in parallel, almost as if they were remote.

                  I've found this to be ideal.
                  But I think there are "levels" to this kind of thing.
                  And depending on what you are developing, you probably don't need the most complicated version of this setup.

                  For example, I do choose different optimized DSP kernels depending on what CPU I detect my user has, and the same for GPU acceleration and other features. And I wouldn't be able to do this without this kind of setup.
                  But someone who just wants their plugin to simply work on Windows, Mac, Linux can get by with a more minimal setup.

                  Custom C++ DSP (for commission)

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 1
                  • T
                    toolife
                    last edited by

                    Go and delete build folder and send it to me

                    D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • lijas90L
                      lijas90 @dontoyumur
                      last edited by

                      @dontoyumur Your project is too large. Even after deleting the build folder, it's having a very hard time processing it. I don't think it's a problem with my system.

                      D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • D
                        dontoyumur @toolife
                        last edited by

                        @toolife Hey here is the dropbox link to project without builds folder!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • D
                          dontoyumur @lijas90
                          last edited by

                          @lijas90 Myf, here you can download only .hip file for hise + 3 custom images (that are already in the project folder). Since i didnt use preset libraries or any other 3rd party stuff it should work!

                          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                          • First post
                            Last post

                          20

                          Online

                          3.0k

                          Users

                          14.0k

                          Topics

                          121.6k

                          Posts