VU meter not working?



  • the vu meter are no working on the exported plugins fx even if the ENABLE_ALL_PEAKS_METERS=1 is on, but is working on the instruments exported plugins (it used to work on the fx too)



  • @Jay it only works on channels 0 and 1



  • @d-healey yes my fx are in channel 0 and 1 (1 and 2)



  • OK now I cant get the VU meters to work on stand alone compiles...

    They work fine in HISE but do nothing in the deployed app.

    yes I have ENABLE_ALL_PEAKS_METERS=1



  • Compiled a VST too - also not working.

    Any clues?



  • OK - so I built a simple test bed - using no graphics and a sine wave generator - snippet here:

    HiseSnippet 1714.3oc4Y8taSbDDeu3b.IjzRPnp9QKq9AGTpyYSB+oUs3D63nnFCV1NgRQHXy401ay4aO1au.ADR7nvG5CBOB7Hvi.uAsytmO68NbbbsBQPqyWtalYm82L6uamY2TiyrI99LNxXtlG6QPFKX13XWQ2RcwTWzNkQFWxb+8ZR7EnMO1C66SZgLLRssTqwbyhT+93c2D6fcsICEgP6yn1jco8nhgRqU72nNNUvsHMo8zrdsh6XybKwbXA.RRYZg7v1Gh6PtGVZ1LlHiKrUKpfwaHvBhOxX1MYsNtQW1ycCseepO8.Gh7k7nFfiBEWg4zRhXoTTotTmV0hhXeDxvr1v3OUX7eMypzVzAxGlGthRQ5giPOeXLy3fWdc3YM4vyPCdyFBukLaXyodhgZjX6xl63JH71XXIPGVg1hl4uLMKw.KbE45gOjTgCuLXDYuok0JoW2xZ4edw4k+AKE9hzGg4oaPcIO.eDYahKgig3Ke5eIshejqCQn.r5srYjVlVZZ5g1lQ5vUuttCUjhZXWhSAvSQXR5KVOOlK7R1LZ1n7vvQuKosX+8T5O4gqaThwWm1o6o6fXVo7fFhx4SDRtKuD1w4.fjlscfqsfxbyt7hy+JY5KM7SGDxgrO1IfjcK2NPZRNckI1zCHN9UXb4mRUv1PBKaytjFayYAd9OJ+iUnJfyALsK4HhSVqkWVBFo6iAwyJ+mOz+udw4+jXVf4gQc1BgzjquZbhx96oL8jWSC0mIjhMbbUw9.KTksjQvIN9D1kXcMTaXRYBbyPCyDQ4GEpjINc59VsaSrG3Do1PxQXncpDC451pqd1D5RekPtb9ylQPdgHyJmFOXXDLNRVxj0YzLzmls5pP35ybH473THNOavrbcLh.Gstjf7Fsrjl4dOlfbeX8Y9WM+by+54SmTU61iTmbchybb.ONJ0gy0XFXV2fdGP3q.z.HsNvPXO93EQLO4hH503rCoMZFxb2wkJtuGw8jJsf5y0fm1amxXAVVsouLvNOBWPkPvnL4HXefvZOyYVl3enf4gLt3.BJ.SgR6h8qLsKFV7PzVxNGTOmG8hAU5eJq3wCd4MkKJYSRCqtQilaUWBqAt8BwcqZwT414L6uzp4221R2u0K9bZKQ2AB73E6Rj73ARJ9fhnIIDVxLwmY5yYas47c+Q+XIpklG9tIZBtpYxOyzlgZ9S9Lrfne6KgyPEGFVPc6zjBDF4D8sl5hzWSP+p1rT7OK1mFzrOhkc8z.5KC3NnC5D0i1BlqU3V2N+crrtsEhJH8zUbm0ty54ymecMEERnQw4LtfIrw3qQwWsdS6jqVenWwJLYPdQyM3TrCZ5C7BZAdwC0B72lHvWRE3P6et.SaWJz+6mofOdjEOU7zmlLU7duXD2E+WE72PK3e2y0B9OPS7EyG5jbhsdV77yULKE3KX8ZPDR2elyMl4kFlpplYJyoGQ3Y9ozBd.YkPQpckhI59ABu.QLQaF.Ur4MnuLtkMv87bH0g8XiIdaG1AXmMqUMtwBNA2CBvprVIbiM1gDVbJlbUiSaziE3JpF3HndNzDnujCAyUrqRi.X6xrwx5EIB3CBFKDjLTP2iBKCZka8Uhd5VQOlOm0fmJLTXzSExYIe3wQbRYda3dDYS9E3mdzD3.RrVANxV+0O0jrjceEPTE63Ixif35SEGqeTxOKGkZRg6Rl0nB6tiFuyLB7B0M+bi2TQ6DG1.5PvNqYke+b9TnWZvkDPkb0sifxBlC6OaLWT.BUl3fik9dPr8cPOr3HtJgcbgM.D0XNXdxjep3QbpIqkoQDkyNwLD04B9pgQeUSUJ+qI.qnDe8.3qXBci9E.bqyBjUhqhEbJTm27dA8B6aqeSLxSTXLir2+v2sjuKATChaK0K+M7qux7x2M5qLejR8Tx2DlRtro7peTGRVkM9NyQcUPiYOg2OoWdn2De4g22V.SeSN102i4GywMH8nMglm70EtmOoBm7r5xkOc4kXX9HU8w6VABxQNlFXQ.WwCB6AXb6VM6jsa0or+7reQeIlmeMJjZxf6oTgatHLFVgaKnziCbd3A6k1FCM0EIMNutJyk40k4Rs0WzqSfuG6zgv0w9HCnMDBr8gCkbsh0IPqh5D3en3t.wC5dDZEbJyE4m7bw3Vu9dyP3lV9wX5+azfWp+W1f24Rgiyi4nG1lydhc3krI4xWRIAhaW0+Fo4flTg2SmGot3MXblV4rP8fcDehssLc+iP9YziovTLlaLEiYsoXLqOEi4lSwXt0TLlaO1wHKFsQff0K7SQPPssBubDisbw.SVw5Q+CogtzXB
    

    This does not work when you compile it and run it as a stand-alone (it probably doesn't work as a VST or AU either but I haven't tested that).

    Can someone please load this and try it out? Just so i know its not my environment thats messed up somehow.



  • @Lindon confirmed here, stand-alone not working 😞
    running latest script node code (2019-10-07)



  • @ulrik thanks ------ @Christoph-Hart !!!?



  • Ooopsies, it turns out that the simple gain module has a special treatment and the ENABLE_ALL_PEAKS_METERS flag actually doesn't affect the simple gain modules.

    In order to make peak detection work with simple gain modules, you'll need the

    ENABLE_PEAK_METERS_FOR_GAIN_EFFECT

    preprocessor macro. The rationale behind this is that in 90% of all cases you will use a simple gain module for peak detection anyway (at least I did) but still don't want to waste CPU performance for the other hundreds of modules.

    However this flag only appeared directly in the simple gain module and thus set to 0 by default, which I've changed in a recent commit. So either:

    • update to the latest scriptnode version or
    • define ENABLE_PEAK_METERS_FOR_GAIN_EFFECT=1 in your project


  • @Christoph-Hart great thanks!



  • @Christoph-Hart - well partly successful...

    using ENABLE_PEAK_METERS_FOR_GAIN_EFFECT=1

    it will now show master VU meters correctly, but for any VU meters on a sub-process (like each individual voice in a dual voice rompler) it wont show any thing.


Log in to reply
 

3
Online

517
Users

1.9k
Topics

14.6k
Posts