Preset (.hip) opens empty

• I've just been making some changes to a .hip file. I closed HISE, then re-opened it and then opened the same .hip file. The project though opens completely empty like a new project, except the master container correctly has the name of the .hip as its ID.

• I think i need to make a Hip2XML tool so you can see whats wrong.

You can try the debug mode and look for assertions in the meantime.

• @Christoph-Hart I shall try the debug idea! What about making XML the default save format - CTRL+S?

• JUCE Assertion failure in MacroControlBroadcaster.cpp:219
    JUCE Assertion failure in Processor.cpp:156
    JUCE Assertion failure in Processor.cpp:349
    JUCE Assertion failure in Processor.cpp:393

• @d-healey if you close and reopen the file a couple of times, does it eventually load? I've seen that happen here where it'll load empty projects.

• @dustbro said in Preset (.hip) opens empty:

@d-healey if you close and reopen the file a couple of times, does it eventually load? I've seen that happen here where it'll load empty projects.

No luck with this method unfortunately 😞

• So I remade my GUI and closed HISE. Reopened and again it wouldn't load 😞 I was about to cry lol. Luckily though I'd been saving as an XML instead of a .hip (xml should be default!). I ran the XML through a validator, no issues. Then I ran the UI desktop.xml though a validator and found the problem. I seem to recall coming across this a year or so ago too in a different project.

The problem was in a previous version of my GUI I'd used a panel as a custom button but in my new version I'd replaced the panel with an actual button control. I'd deleted the panel and given the button the same name the panel previously had. The panel though has a callbacks property which had been assigned to Clicks Only in the XML, but the button has no such property, so when I made the swap =Clicks Only got left behind in the XML for the button and prevented the GUI from loading.

Anyway of getting HISE to flag this kind of issue?

• Yes, sure, I'll make sure that illegal properties won't cause more harm than necessary...

• I had for a couple of times same issue, luckily I use make a cloned copy inside two other hard disks... it could be quite annoying (without speaking of the moment of panic for having lost the job done).

Users

Topics