GUI for the Parametric EQ

• Hello !
    i would like to know if it's possible to make a GUI for the parametric EQ as you did for the Dynamic module in your Github example ?

the graphical interface/modulation for the EQ is powerful.

• up ?
    just an answer please ? 😄

• administrators

I might add this as floating tile so you can connect it to your curve EQ, but drawing this with pure scripting (like the Dynamics widget) is a bit difficult because you have to calculate the filter response from the coefficients which is about 18x as complicated as the Dynamics code.

• @christoph-hart Has there been any update to this? Or documentation on skinning the Parametriq EQ? Would love to add these controls to my GUI.

• administrators

This is on my roadmap for quite some time now. Unfortunately drawing a frequency response is not as easy as the dynamic meter (lot's of math wizardry with complex numbers involved), but I think about adding the curve eq plot as a floating tile.

• it would be great, with a color, line shape (thickness, fill color...etc) customisation....

• @christoph-hart Is there a simpler, fix band type eq that could be implemented more easily?

• Or maybe a doc on Script FX? Is it possible to throw in an open source EQ script into that slot?

• @Christoph-Hart I just realized that control over the EQ parameter knobs IS functional. ☺ Very exciting!
    If you have 2 different EQ points set in the parametric EQ, how can you differentiate the knob controls between each node? By default, they control node 0.

• administrators

Just multiply it with the band index 🙂

inline function onBand2GainControl(component, value)
    {
        // Use the BandOffset as multiplier to get the correct attribute index
        local index = 1 * ParametriqEQ.BandOffset + ParametriqEQ.Gain;
        ParametriqEQ.setAttribute(index, value);
    };

Example patch:

HiseSnippet 1123.3ocyW0rbaaCDFTxrSsRkSxL8A.imdPtM0gTx1wYxzIxR1tilFaqTk3o2RgHgjPLH.CInsUxjY5qg6o1GidKOJ8QHW6o1EjThjxJtRGZZvMr+gu8iK1ErafzgFFJCPF25Yi8oHiuvr2XgZT6QDl.0YejwZlGQBUz.bhnVi8IggTWjgQ4uWKvX0UPwq2+3VDNQ3PyDgPmJYNzmv7XpLo9M+AFmeHwk9LlWNq2pYGGonsjKi.7T1zB4SbNiLjdLQaVISz4L5EgHCKyF02L3L69uduMmY09Is.YCKJG4DEDPEpSA2QFlF+MrLLOvkojA8TDEEhY4VR2w8FIuPjbzmxBY84T8FaTO.SIhQsGw3tcmPagHjwJcyHwxIj3WZdDykMUdFYdmXE3LOxSmFkJBoUJ.I6ODjNTxc0A3C.OibvakD3cWydNALeUlFM1tkYGA7cd.A9BlGVI1hJ0orYaIXgPsoG4L5gAvlodTaGKq6gssr13QUqTsB7cLTgOmDf6RBfudp.1qN3o3uCGWbs4Pp5fACnNpZqmoGevSWOwalfyDT7fHgihIEXonEQ3ZqK2zHHPxq4H87kB.K2CNEdDcipUdS0JXXc+6iedHEqFQwZuNYvfPpBSBwdQbEymyfRYkDCPH1FGITZ3.Fn.LzORQwLgK8xjXwkNDdh..6V3utP5rYt3+ME0ng5iRhQ0JqVPEX8dSNqZwgdRJ.N7137eBMCXr8j7r15S4f02PGjTlnMgy6CWSpccR5lHy5KFYVj.r++m.p+uQ.0mg.xk2GKUzSD01nxaprZk2dMMCFLOUoghSClmVcCrfavsZhHu9zfIIXpcvEwh2z+rE6ltSBsjyPonifoNwmltOqWf8b5EfR4UnqPoT.Blph6IrVZOgdblKM.wb0MDlVQghweZq5lMZb6lnEN.0uV.9sqtx5cnm2Yehhn6PkBK.p9z.ESyHF6SOGlbjzuZUy8ogmoj9w3Nsd.FUsPH+xoCX9YRywYSa1t4ELW0H87feA1NhxFNRo2AcQQdR2zy0g0mxQd4GzU+cdjKyssILdzuG60wo2udkd8GONLZv.FXkoI1sE3uqKm1UFxz0G4GPhVhDp9LIz6OOeB03SjD55yafodR2HNQUbTnNaRUniQ9YN54JBH1iy+7hkX9n0bmON26DKHbuqYWlxYz7wao4fW8kr+iwa5qMpZlLLMCrqXd3O8Q9oEqM4pZ6nfyoG7pXbbayBi2K.oii7NjwgmODpqQKAYltD2JeOl3KwS5Y7W6RiETu3KNEtMlUvVYBtSrKamuuiVvNoB9yu5k+drEOX1Xr6rBdX9fZT9ld7n8h+3QzOJiTLwviH.EoubArRO34uNT3ioPP4SImz8V58ZPziFSVIOlMUosduQpR6IJ+nbFdDm.4KbRlInqM97XIPdKhe79pveQ.6w1SFDn4CnIB6ENN550uEp0muG0WZOZrzdr0R6w1KsG6rzd7fk1icuAOz+3wdQJoWR2KD5e.56iySA

• @christoph-hart is there a way to see the code associated with the WYSIWYG editor?

• administrators

Not sure what you mean with " code associated with the WYSIWYG editor?"

Anyways, I have added a floating tile that shows the filter graph. It can be connected to either a parametriq EQ or to (mono / poly) filter effects:

0_1522687038383_Filter.PNG

It's just read only so you can't drag the curves, but this shouldn't be too much of a restriction...

• @christoph-hart said in GUI for the Parametric EQ:

Not sure what you mean with " code associated with the WYSIWYG editor?"

Anyways, I have added a floating tile that shows the filter graph. It can be connected to either a parametriq EQ or to (mono / poly) filter effects:

0_1522687038383_Filter.PNG

It's just read only so you can't drag the curves, but this shouldn't be too much of a restriction...

hi im new to hise

can you expaln how to do the floating tile as the filter graph (i got the knobs connetected to a parametriq eq & got the floating tile connetected to the FilterDisplay but nothing is displayed in the floating tile.)

thanks

• administrators

Hi there,

1. Add a floating tile
    2. Set the ContentType property to FilterDisplay
    3. Set the ProcessorId parameter to the name of the Parametric EQ module (by default Parametriq EQ) that you want to connect and press F5.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.