Markdown Panel is Blank in Exported VST
Working fine within HISE but in the exported VST on Windows it's totally empty. Any clue what I'm doing wrong?
The issue now seems like I need to be placing the images.dat and content.dat files in the appropriate folder, but I cannot locate these files after exporting the markdown panel.
Gonna give this a bump.
Right clicking on the markdown panel and selecting Export doesn't seem to create any files.
Is anyone successfully implementing the markdown panel in a plugin?
I've read the documentation, but the link to show how to compile your markdown files is incomplete:
Compile the documentation If you're done with the documentation, you will need to "compile" it into two files as described here . Right click on the MarkdownPanel and select Export , then run the "Update local cache file" function in the popup window.
Last time I used the markdown panel I found lots of bugs
On my Win10 machine, it placed the files in:
@Christoph-Hart Any chance you have a sec to peek this out?
Looks like I got this to work. Markdown only seems to accept .jpg images. PNG will not export.
Necroing this old post because I can't seem to export the doc. When exporting Hise says "Cache was updated" but there are no .dat files in the project directory.
In the end, I am looking for placing my doc online. Is this functionality finally implemented? Is anyone able to make it to work?
@ustk Does your plugin open in a DAW with the markdown panel? Mine always gets blacklisted so I've stopped using the markdown panel.
@d-healey First I forgot the dat. files were actually exported to the AppData directory so it's fine.
As for the plugin blacklist thing, this is very annoying news! I hope this might be fixed! @Christoph-Hart?
My actual project is an app so not much of a problem for now but it does not smell good for the future...
And did the server sync ever work?
@d-healey I'm using markdown for my built-in plugin manual. No issues here
@Christoph-Hart Could you just please tell me if I can continue to dig in the
It seems to be implemented in the source but I can't get it to work...
- When pointing
StartURLto the website, it automatically opens up in the browser when recompiling or running the binary which is very annoying
- I tried placing the .dat/.json files on the server with no luck, the markdown panel stays empty
So is it possible to finally get something out of it?
- When pointing
Finally got it to work!
So the process is:
- Place your .dat and .json on the server inside a folder called "cache"
- In the markdown panel Data, don't use the
StartURLproperty. Instead, place the full URL in
/cachefolder (so something like
When the binary is launched, the doc will be downloaded from the server
However, there are still a few little bugs:
- If you update the doc on the server, it will be updated at the next init in the AppData as it should, but the doc won't refresh until restarting a 2nd time (might be the index that doesn't rebuild)
- The "Update documentation" button doesn't work in binary
- The hamburger button to show/hide the TOC is invisible (but clicking works, so it might just be that the path isn't embedded)