HISE crashes on Windows when opening project created on macOS

• Hey HISE-Community,

We build an Instrument on macOS and we're nearly finished; just started testing on different hosts and platforms.

I had a Win7 license lying around, installed VS2017, IPP2019 and build the latest HISE successfuly. After that I created a little Demo-Instrument and compiled it without any trouble.

Now HISE.exe crashes when I try to open our project created on macOS. I can read "Interface: All callbacks successfuly parsed" in the console and thats it.

I'm not familiar with debugging and symbolicating, so thats what Visual Studio spits out:

Ausnahmefehler bei 0x00000001402E16D8 in HISE.exe: 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction

Any advice?

• @M0MA5 said in HISE crashes on Windows when opening project created on macOS:

HISE.exe: 0xC000001D: Illegal Instruction

Hi,

might be related to the issue @dustbro is having. Which CPU model are you using on your Windows machine?

Apparently something is fishy with a subset of AMD CPUs (and I just have Intel CPUs in all my machines so I didn't notice it).

• It's an ancient AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-64.

• Ah, there's your problem 🙂

Remote debugging this is very hard, so I somehow have to find a way to get my hands on an old AMD system in order to fix this. If you have a computer running Windows with an Intel i5 or higher, you should be fine though.

Users

Topics