Building old Hise plugin fails



  • Hi!
    After a couple of months without using Hise I have now started sampling and building Hise plugins again.
    I have the latest Hise build (2019-02-10) and everything works nicely, however when I open old projects (made with Hise 1.6) and try to export to vst and au plugins, they all fail with same terminal code:

    ❌ /Users/ulrikboden/Music/Hise/Pump Organ/Binaries/Source/Plugin.cpp:6:69: no member named 'impulses' in namespace 'PresetData'

    DEFINE_EMBEDDED_DATA(hise::FileHandlerBase::AudioFiles, PresetData::impulses, PresetData::impulsesSize);
    ^

    ❌ /Users/ulrikboden/Music/Hise/Pump Organ/Binaries/Source/Plugin.cpp:6:91: no member named 'impulsesSize' in namespace 'PresetData'

    DEFINE_EMBEDDED_DATA(hise::FileHandlerBase::AudioFiles, PresetData::impulses, PresetData::impulsesSize);
    ^~~~

    ❌ /Users/ulrikboden/Music/Hise/Pump Organ/Binaries/Source/Plugin.cpp:7:65: no member named 'images' in namespace 'PresetData'

    DEFINE_EMBEDDED_DATA(hise::FileHandlerBase::Images, PresetData::images, PresetData::imagesSize);
    ^~~~

    ❌ /Users/ulrikboden/Music/Hise/Pump Organ/Binaries/Source/Plugin.cpp:7:85: no member named 'imagesSize' in namespace 'PresetData'

    DEFINE_EMBEDDED_DATA(hise::FileHandlerBase::Images, PresetData::images, PresetData::imagesSize);
    ^~~~

    ▸ Compiling CopyProtection.cpp
    ▸ Compiling BinaryData.cpp
    ** BUILD FAILED **

    The following build commands failed:
    CompileC /Users/ulrikboden/Music/Hise/Pump\ Organ/Binaries/Builds/MacOSX/build/Pump\ Organ.build/Release/Pump\ Organ\ -\ Shared\ Code.build/Objects-normal/x86_64/Plugin.o /Users/ulrikboden/Music/Hise/Pump\ Organ/Binaries/Source/Plugin.cpp normal x86_64 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
    (1 failure)

    is it possible to repair the projects?

    Regards Ulrik



  • This is just a glitch because it can‘t resolve the embedded resources. Try reexporting the pool, clean the build folder and reexport.



  • Strange answer, but:
    Your errors are maybe not the REAL error.
    i explain:
    did you use the "old" filter in global FX ?
    i had something like that before.

    for now Christoph had re-added filter in global FX, but called "polyphonic" filter. The old one was "monophonic".

    So you must rename your FX inside the .xml preset, changing "mono" by "poly", save, and reopen your old 1.6 project in 2.0 and ...voilà ... All "strange" errors are gone 🙂

    yes i know this error is about filter; but in my old 1.6 files the errors was all other, but never written : "your filter cause error", a lot of another errors (in fact, all FX and codes after the "filter" section in fact.)

    you can compile...



  • @staiff Hi!
    No I have no filter in this particular project, so it's something else, thank you anyway!

    Regards Ulrik



  • @Christoph-Hart Ok,
    I did what you suggested however it didn't help, so I compared the preferences in this old project with I new project that had no problems to compile the plugins, and I found that in my old project I had the "Embed audio files" unticked but not in the new projects, so I enabled that and, voila it compiled alright...



  • Ah yes I think I have changed the default value of this setting for new projects, nice catch!


 

1
Online

383
Users

1.2k
Topics

8.8k
Posts