audio to midi feature?

• Is there a way to use audio to trigger a sampler in HISE? I see a lot of drum software that has this ability, as well as an option to analyze audio and spit out a midi track.

• @dustbro The Gain Collector fx module should do that normally. But It is not working properly.

• @orange interesting.... I wondered what that was used for. Time to investigate.

• Looks like that module is going away.
    @Christoph-Hart maybe this is something I could do with script fx?

• The main problem is that with VST2 it's extremely difficult / error prone to get audio data into a synth plugin (a VSTi plugin means MIDI in, audio out and any audio track has to be routed via weird sidechaining stuff).

Now that VST2 has deprecated, I have to migrate to VST3 anyway sometime in the future. However this yields the following dependency chain:

1. add VST3 support
    2. add support for sidechaining in HISE
    3. add a audio 2 midi module

Bottomline: I wouldn't hold my breath for it 🙂

• @Christoph-Hart said in audio to midi feature?:

Bottomline: I wouldn't hold my breath for it

You might need it for that drum plugin you're working on soon 😉

I realized just after I posted that this feature would need both audio and midi capability.
    I found an audio analyzing library online:
    https://github.com/adamstark/Gist
    Maybe I can use this to create a separate hit detection plugin that would feed the samplers I create with HISE.

• @Christoph-Hart said in audio to midi feature?:

The main problem is that with VST2 it's extremely difficult / error prone to get audio data into a synth plugin (a VSTi plugin means MIDI in, audio out and any audio track has to be routed via weird sidechaining stuff).

Now that VST2 has deprecated, I have to migrate to VST3 anyway sometime in the future. However this yields the following dependency chain:

1. add VST3 support
    2. add support for sidechaining in HISE
    3. add a audio 2 midi module

Bottomline: I wouldn't hold my breath for it 🙂

When d'you think Hise so could export VST3?

Users

Topics