Range of slider linked to container gain

• I want to control the gain of a container using a slider. To do this using the processor ID and parameter ID dropdown method in the interface designer I need to set the range of the slider to 0-1. However this doesn't tie with the range of the container's slider -100-0. This would be fine except I'd like to display the correct dB value on the slider (I'm using the native slider control).

I could do this via scripting using the conversion function and everything would match but it would be nice if the processor ID system could be used for this purpose.

• administrators

This can't be changed without breaking everything, so it's not an option unfortunately. Use a simple gain instead, this gets you also a crackle free movement.

• @christoph-hart Darn, no problem. I came up with another solution, hide the slider text and place a label over it with custom text. I don't want to use a simple gain for this as the idea is to set the volume of each articulation and then just leave them so the crackle shouldn't be a problem.

• Actually this won't work I just realised. This is related in a way to my other thread about set value >> parameters. If I have the control linked to a parameter I can't update a label when it's moved because the callback won't be triggered 😞

• administrators

I guess you have to write a control callback for the slider then and use Engine.getGainFactorForDecibels to convert to the required 0...1 range.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.