Ui Json Data and Dynamic effects!
For reasons of compatibility and especially usual, I want to finish my projects with version 1.1.1. The version before the UI Json Data arrives.
I really need the "dynamic" effect ... Is there a way to incorporate it into a predecessor?
And if this is not possible, can I disable UI Json Data for the time of a project? I try to open my projects with the new version, and everything is in trouble when I try to add stuff. I have over 3000 lines of code and it would be really long to recompile everything.
Thank you very much!
maybe wrong response but...
the major problem with UIJSON is that it modify/change some settings from old 1.1.1 projects.
settings are pretty closed similar but most of time it's the size (x,y) that has been changed.
checking the changed data and take a look at the size fix most of problems.
but with 3000 lines of code i understand it's not fun ...
for my part i use a version post in github that went just after the 1.1.1 (working with the standalone 1.1.2.exe), with dynamics, etc... but abble to read the "deprecated" .JS
1 - i update the old 1.1.1 project and modify that UIJSON changed (good but not optimal)
2 - i restart the project from scratch (better solution)
Another solution if you really don't want to do it. Complete your actual project in 1.1.1 as it be; create a new scratch project with only the dynamic, compile it as a vst FX, and purpose it as an optionnal FX for your project.
and if your goal is to sell it, then you could sell 2 products (and maybe a bundle, so 3 products) instead of 1 ... ;)
Guys sorry for the mess. But actually the newest version on GitHub (and I am not talking about the master branch, I did some changes on another branch that I'll merge in soon) should be 100% backward compatible. There were some issues with the x,y position but I changed that so that the old projects should work again.
All the projects I worked so far still load with the newest version with only minor adjustments needed. So I suggest you send the project to me, I'll take a look whats wrong, fix it so that the current version runs, upload it on a private repo in GitHub and then we can proceed.