Creating a MIDI sequence browser/selector for MIDI Player

• Hey Guys. Just wondering if anybody knows how to bind the MIDI sequences from a midi player into a combo box or create some sort of browser for the MIDI files/sequences that are loaded into the MIDI Player. Can't seem to find a clear way to do this from the API.

• @Christoph-Hart is there currently any way to bind MIDI sequences from a MIDI player to a combo box? The MIDI player is perfect for what I am trying to achieve. I just need to find a way for the user to select which sequence to play.

Any pointers in the right direction would help me out a lot. Thanks!

• Yeah sure, just get a list of all MIDI files and add them to the combobox, then load them in in the control callback. The procedure is pretty much the same as loading samplemaps.

• @Christoph-Hart Thanks, I'll try that. I am assuming I'd use getnumsequences to get the total number of sequences and possibly create an array but I am not seeing a way to get a list of the MIDI files to add to the combo box. I see how to use setsequence with the sequence index number. Do you mean add the file names manually to the combo box list? I'm not seeing anything like the handy getSampleMapsList call for midi sequences.

• I think I‘ve just added MidiPlayer.getMidiFileList in a recent commit...

Users

Topics