Reverse Sampler Behavior – Identical sample maps in two samplers will both be reversed

• Hello all,

Currently, I have 8 samplers which can be tweaked individually in the interface (i.e. you can pitch one sampler up, filter another, pan another, etc). This makes working with the same sample map across multiple samplers really effective because each sampler is completely encapsulated and you can do a lot with just a single sample map.

However, if I reverse one sampler and the same sample map is loaded in another sampler, it will reverse the buffer for BOTH samplers. in other words, I can't have the same sample map playing in reverse on one sampler, and forward in another.

Other than duplicating the samples and manually reversing them, are there any other solutions? Is this expected behavior or a bug? Would really prefer not to double the size of my sample folder for this, but the reverse is really important.

Thanks!

• What about making two sample maps with the same samples? I think HISE is smart enough not to duplicate the samples when converting to HLAC (but I could be wrong).

• I toyed with that idea too but didn't have much luck. Let me give it another whirl!

• Victory! You do have to convert to HLAC for it to work, but that seemed to do the trick. I hadn't converted the sample map before.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

Users

Topics