Linux dependency issue



    1. Open the projucer that you have build.
    2. Load the project in HISE FOLDER/JUCE/extras/Projucer/Projucer.jucer
    3. Click on the modules tab on the left side, select the juce_graphics module and set JUCE_WEB_BROWSER to 0.
    4. Click on "File -> Save Project and open in IDE"
    5. It will create a makefile under Builds/LinuxMakefile. Run this file (make in the terminal) and you should get a new projucer binary.


  • @christoph-hart Oh I see, I was thinking I needed to build it on my system running the old version of Ubuntu where the Projucer won't open. I shall build it now.



  • I'm thinking I could also get rid of the libcurl dependency on Linux too right? JUCE_USE_CURL=0.



  • I've hit a snag

    make: *** No rule to make target '../../Source/ComponentEditor/Components/jucer_ComponentTypeHandler.cpp', needed by 'build/intermediate/Release/jucer_ComponentTypeHandler_d7e70242.o'. Stop.
    


  • Oh I figured it out, our old friend case sensitivity strikes again. The Components folder is named components. I fixed this and now I'm getting more problems, I bet the solution is the same ๐Ÿ˜„



  • Ok I've built it now. Will test it on ye olde Ubuntu later today.



  • Well it was a bit of a struggle but I managed to build the Projucer and HISE on Linux Mint 17 (Ubuntu 14), had to also install g++6 in order to use C++14.

    The autogenerated jucer files from HISE have the JUCE_WEB_BROWSER and JUCE_USE_CURL set to use default, is it possible to make it generate with them set to disabled so I don't have to open them and do it manually for each export? Also it possible to get HISE to generate separate jucers for standalone and plugin so I can run a single batch file to compile both?

    Here is the download for both the Projucer and HISE that I built - https://www.dropbox.com/s/10b1g7pj22fkaqb/HISEProjucer.7z?dl=0



  • Yes of course I can change the flags.

    Building both targets with one command is not possible, but why donโ€˜t you just call it twice in your script (check the build.bat and build.sh scripts Iโ€˜ve commited to your repo, they do exactly this.



  • Alright, I've pushed the change. Please let me know if it works.



  • I'm getting this message when trying to build a VSTi now

    /usr/bin/ld: /home/dave/.vst//Sofia Woodwinds.a(BinaryData_ce4232d4.o): relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against symbol `_ZN10BinaryData21knobModulated_200_pngE' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
    /usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    

    The standalone compiles without issue. One thing I found though was adding the extra linker flag -no-pie for the standalone resulted in the correct mime-type being set on my system. So might be good to add this by default.



  • Seems like an intermediate files issue. Try a full clean & rebuild.



  • @christoph-hart Yep that was it! thanks ๐Ÿ™‚


Log in to reply
 

4
Online

473
Users

1.6k
Topics

11.9k
Posts