A conceptual question
In HISE there are two possibilities to connect components with modules or to control them.
Once via script via "setAttribute" and once via the link and the ProcessorId/Parameters.
My question now:
- which is the most performant, most stable?
- does one of them have disadvantages or advantages?
- are there runtime problems with one of them?
- can you recommend one?
which is the most performant, most stable?
Not sure about performance, but too many setAttribute calls at once can apparently cause some issues.
does one of them have disadvantages or advantages?
Scripting lets you add additional functionality, or do multiple things at once, for example:
- Set slider value.
- Repaint a panel based on the slider's new value.
- Update some text based on the slider's new value.
- Connect and update another slider, combobox etc.
are there runtime problems with one of them?
Not sure what you mean, is this different to stability question asked above?
can you recommend one?
For super fast workflow on simple tasks, use the built-in connection parameter menu. For advanced control, use script. I use scripts for almost everything because it gives me more control.
If you use the processorId property it doesnt have to call into a script function so there is a tiny performance overhead, but that should be neglible. Stick to the properties for simple connection out of convenience and use the script callback if you need a custom logic.