Having trouble export an AUi

• Hello, I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. I compiled the latest version of Hise and disabled IPP, but am met with this error when trying to export an AUi.

Last login: Mon Nov  9 13:58:05 on ttys000
    Noah-Sherrins-Macbook:~ noahsherrin$ /Volumes/Noah\'s\ Ark/Hise\ Projects/Ferro/Binaries/batchCompileOSX ; exit;
    /Volumes/Noah's Ark/Hise Projects/Ferro/Binaries/batchCompileOSX: line 2: /Volumes/Noah's Ark/Hise Main/HISE-master/tools/Projucer/Projucer.app/Contents/MacOS/Projucer: No such file or directory
    Compiling Instrument plugin Ferro ...
    /Volumes/Noah's Ark/Hise Projects/Ferro/Binaries/batchCompileOSX: line 5: xcpretty: command not found
    xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance
    Compiling finished. Cleaning up...
    logout
    Saving session...
    ...copying shared history...
    ...saving history...truncating history files...
    ...completed.

[Process completed]

Any idea what's going wrong?

• After doing some more sleuthing through the forum I installed xcpretty which got rid of one error, but still no bueno...

• which version of xcode are you running?

• @dustbro xcode 10.1

• @noahcs said in Having trouble export an AUi:

/Volumes/Noah's Ark/Hise Main/HISE-master/tools/Projucer/Projucer.app/Contents/MacOS/Projucer: No such file or directory

Which HISE branch are you working from?
    I'm seeing:

/Volumes/Noah's Ark/Hise Main/HISE-master/tools/Projucer/Projucer.app/Contents/MacOS/Projucer: No such file or directory

The "master" branch is outdated and may be the cause of your issues. Download the latest Scripnode branch and try that.

• I just had this exact error today

xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance

I gotta pop out but I'll post the solution when I'm back in about 30 mins

• After downloading the scipnode patch ive got this:

Last login: Mon Nov  9 14:46:10 on ttys001
    /Volumes/Noah\'s\ Ark/Hise\ Projects/Ferro/Binaries/batchCompileOSX ; exit;
    Noah-Sherrins-Macbook:~ noahsherrin$ /Volumes/Noah\'s\ Ark/Hise\ Projects/Ferro/Binaries/batchCompileOSX ; exit;
    /Volumes/Noah's Ark/Hise Projects/Ferro/Binaries/batchCompileOSX: line 2: /Volumes/Noah's Ark/Hise Main/HISE-develop/tools/Projucer/Projucer.app/Contents/MacOS/Projucer: No such file or directory
    Compiling Instrument plugin Ferro ...
    xcodebuild: error: 'Builds/MacOSX/Ferro.xcodeproj' does not exist.
    Compiling finished. Cleaning up...
    logout
    Saving session...
    ...copying shared history...
    ...saving history...truncating history files...
    ...completed.

[Process completed]

• *Scripnode Branch

I was able to get rid of the error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance by following these instructions on retargeting xcode files

"Now change the default developer tools directory with command:
    sudo xcode-select -s /Volumes/SSD/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
    then do another zsh -lor restart the Terminal.app.

After setting the Xcode.app as the default developer tools directory, run this command, to have Xcode figure itself out:
    /usr/bin/xcrun --find xcodebuild

This took a little while, then I got back:
    /Volumes/SSD/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild"

• @noahcs said in Having trouble export an AUi:

*Scripnode Branch

I was able to get rid of the error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools' is a command line tools instance by following these instructions on retargeting xcode files

"Now change the default developer tools directory with command:
    sudo xcode-select -s /Volumes/SSD/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
    then do another zsh -lor restart the Terminal.app.

After setting the Xcode.app as the default developer tools directory, run this command, to have Xcode figure itself out:
    /usr/bin/xcrun --find xcodebuild

This took a little while, then I got back:
    /Volumes/SSD/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild"

If you are using High Sierra, for Hise; I think XCode 8 would work much more stabile without these kind of errors and struggle.

XCode 10 is smooth with Mojave and Catalina for Hise. (XCode 11 & 12 is not working properly with Hise also)

• @orange Getting the same errors with XCode 8

• line 2: /Volumes/Noah's Ark/Hise Main/HISE-develop/tools/Projucer/Projucer.app/Contents/MacOS/Projucer: No such file or directory

This is saying it can't find Projucer in the above location.

• Finally fixed it! Turned out (as it normally is..) to be a very easy fix. Hise didn't like having the source code on an external HDD. All is good now, thanks to all that helped.

Users

Topics