Editing JSON(using J) crashes HISE upon pressing F5

• Hello.

I have a big problem and cannot figure out whats causing it.

Ive compiled HISE2.1.0 Standalone on MacOS[sierra] 10.12.5 using Xcode8.3.2
    I can compile/build VSTs successfully using example projects.
    If I edit any piece of code in the Code Editor and compile, HISE does not crash.
    But, as soon as I bring up the JSON edit popup(using J) for any component, adjust something minor like the size of the component and hit F5, HISE crashes.

I ticked the DEBUG option in preferences(which should provide a log, but I can't manage to find it in the projects folder).

What could be causing this issue?
    Any help much appreciated!

PS- @Christoph-Hart. Great great framework/app!, I cannot wait to get started!!!

• You're at least not the only one, I have this issue too when pressing F5 on any JSON object (even in the property editor)

• @ustk said in Editing JSON(using J) crashes HISE upon pressing F5:

You're at least not the only one, I have this issue too when pressing F5 on any JSON object (even in the property editor)

Yes, this also happens in Property editor for me too.
    😞 😞
    I also tried recompiling HISE from source again but no luck...
    Perhaps there is something inside JUCER that can be adjusted?

• I think it is just a minor bug @Christoph-Hart can fix easily 😉

• Not many replies..... 😞
    @Christoph-Hart ; are you aware of this issue? will there be an update anytime soon?
    Now that I've gotten more familiar with HISE and its ins/outs I can manage without the JSON quick edit/popup but it does slow me down quite a bit.
    Would be really nice if it would work.

NOTE;
    I've noticed that HISE does not crash if I select APPLY first in the PropertyEditor but unfortunately it crashes if using JSON quick edit.

• I'm using the scriptnode branch from the 28th of July, it works now...

Users

Topics