Forum
    • Categories
    • Register
    • Login

    How do I get past this problem when Installing xcpretty

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved General Questions
    17 Posts 2 Posters 108 Views
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • D
      duma @David Healey
      last edited by

      @David-Healey said in How do I get past this problem when Installing xcpretty:

      3 minutes ago

      @duma The problem in this thread is you are trying to install xcpretty, but y

      well its saying that it is, im on hise 4.0 for mac because im not trying to go through that whole video for the 4th time so i used the dmg to download hise

      David HealeyD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • David HealeyD
        David Healey @duma
        last edited by

        @duma said in How do I get past this problem when Installing xcpretty:

        im on hise 4.0 for mac

        Which commit of the source code are you using?

        Free HISE Bootcamp Full Course for beginners.
        YouTube Channel - HISE tutorials
        My Patreon - More HISE tutorials

        D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • D
          duma @David Healey
          last edited by

          @David-Healey was I suposed to download one of these too? f08b8ac0-6bae-4a0e-8dbb-1e878d0054fa-image.png

          David HealeyD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • David HealeyD
            David Healey @duma
            last edited by

            @duma Yes, the version of the source code should match your version of HISE. But you're still going to be in the same position using the latest version. If you can't compile HISE you won't be able to compile your plugin.

            Free HISE Bootcamp Full Course for beginners.
            YouTube Channel - HISE tutorials
            My Patreon - More HISE tutorials

            D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • D
              duma @David Healey
              last edited by

              @David-Healey So you're saying that if I am using HISE 4.0 I won't be able to compile a plugin???? I've done it before I just don't understand what the issue is now. Should I download this source code under hise 4.0 and if so where do I extract the file(s)

              David HealeyD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • David HealeyD
                David Healey @duma
                last edited by David Healey

                @duma said in How do I get past this problem when Installing xcpretty:

                So you're saying that if I am using HISE 4.0 I won't be able to compile a plugin????

                No I'm not saying that.

                I'm saying that compiling HISE and compiling plugins is the same process. If you can't compile HISE you can't compile a plugin. This applies to all versions.

                @duma said in How do I get past this problem when Installing xcpretty:

                Should I download this source code under hise 4.0 and if so where do I extract the file(s)

                You can put them wherever you want, it shouldn't make a difference.

                Free HISE Bootcamp Full Course for beginners.
                YouTube Channel - HISE tutorials
                My Patreon - More HISE tutorials

                D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • D
                  duma @David Healey
                  last edited by

                  @David-Healey Im not compiling hise though, I just downloaded a dmg file and made it a standalone, so what should I do

                  David HealeyD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • David HealeyD
                    David Healey @duma
                    last edited by

                    @duma said in How do I get past this problem when Installing xcpretty:

                    Im not compiling hise though,

                    Compiling HISE and compiling plugins are the same process - problems with compiling HISE are easier to debug which is why I recommend you compile HISE first. You can skip it and try compiling your plugin.

                    Free HISE Bootcamp Full Course for beginners.
                    YouTube Channel - HISE tutorials
                    My Patreon - More HISE tutorials

                    D 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • D
                      duma @David Healey
                      last edited by

                      @David-Healey So youre saying I should do the compile HISE method?

                      David HealeyD 1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • David HealeyD
                        David Healey @duma
                        last edited by David Healey

                        @duma That is the only way - compiling HISE and compiling plugins is the same process whether you use a precompiled build of HISE or not.

                        Free HISE Bootcamp Full Course for beginners.
                        YouTube Channel - HISE tutorials
                        My Patreon - More HISE tutorials

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                        • First post
                          Last post

                        7

                        Online

                        3.0k

                        Users

                        14.0k

                        Topics

                        121.7k

                        Posts