How do I get past this problem when Installing xcpretty
-
@duma I thought I was
-
@David-Healey I mean help me get past the problem
-
@duma The problem in this thread is you are trying to install xcpretty, but you don't need to, it's not required for HISE.
-
@David-Healey said in How do I get past this problem when Installing xcpretty:
3 minutes ago
@duma The problem in this thread is you are trying to install xcpretty, but y
well its saying that it is, im on hise 4.0 for mac because im not trying to go through that whole video for the 4th time so i used the dmg to download hise
-
@duma said in How do I get past this problem when Installing xcpretty:
im on hise 4.0 for mac
Which commit of the source code are you using?
-
@David-Healey was I suposed to download one of these too?

-
@duma Yes, the version of the source code should match your version of HISE. But you're still going to be in the same position using the latest version. If you can't compile HISE you won't be able to compile your plugin.
-
@David-Healey So you're saying that if I am using HISE 4.0 I won't be able to compile a plugin???? I've done it before I just don't understand what the issue is now. Should I download this source code under hise 4.0 and if so where do I extract the file(s)
-
@duma said in How do I get past this problem when Installing xcpretty:
So you're saying that if I am using HISE 4.0 I won't be able to compile a plugin????
No I'm not saying that.
I'm saying that compiling HISE and compiling plugins is the same process. If you can't compile HISE you can't compile a plugin. This applies to all versions.
@duma said in How do I get past this problem when Installing xcpretty:
Should I download this source code under hise 4.0 and if so where do I extract the file(s)
You can put them wherever you want, it shouldn't make a difference.
-
@David-Healey Im not compiling hise though, I just downloaded a dmg file and made it a standalone, so what should I do
-
@duma said in How do I get past this problem when Installing xcpretty:
Im not compiling hise though,
Compiling HISE and compiling plugins are the same process - problems with compiling HISE are easier to debug which is why I recommend you compile HISE first. You can skip it and try compiling your plugin.