Clean Build On Mac

• Hello Everyone
    Just Trying To Build The Latest Commit But The Built Version Always Reverts Back To The Previous Built Version.
    I Already Cleaned Everything, But I Remember There Is A Hidden Folder That @orange Mentioned In A Thread, BUt Can't Find The Guidelines.
    Any Help Is Much Appreciated 🙂

BTW, I'm On Mac And Xcode 10

• @Natanr Shift-Command + . (dot) to see hidden files on Mac. I can't compile either last commit

• A Clean Build On Mac:

Open Xcode, Then >>> Command-Option-Shift-K to clean out the build folder.

Then Delete The Folders Below:

• ‎⁨Mojave HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨Your Name ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Developer⁩ ▸ ⁨Xcode⁩ ▸ ⁨DerivedData⁩
    • ‎⁨Mojave HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨thenatan⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Projucer⁩
    • Mojave HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨thenatan⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨Hise
    • And Anything Related To Projucer Or Hise!

And You're Done!

Thanks To @orange For Mentioning This In Another Thread!
    @orange said in VST export failed:

When I use new Hise version, I always clear caches of Projucer and Hise. Because sometimes old data can remain in the cache, so new Hise version couldn't work or compiled properly.

I suggest that:

• Open "Application Support" folder and delete Projucer and Hise folders.

• Then download the latest Hise from GitHub and recompile Hise with this SDK. Also be sure that the the renamed "VST3 SDK" folder should contain all of the sdk data under itself and this folder shouldn't have any additional sub folders. For example: the folder shouldn't be like that: "VST3 SDK > VST3_SDK > required sdk files and folders" It should be like this: "VST3 SDK > required sdk files and folders"

• Then try to compile your vst3 plugin in the new compiled Hise version.

NOTE: Sometimes Xcode Refuses To Build The New Commit Over The Previous Version,
    And At The End, It Builds An Old Version Instead The One You Wish!

So You Need To Clear The Cached Files On Mac!

Users

Topics