AAX compile on a Mac

• OK so I ran XCode as sudo, and it still fails like this

f4f783c5-2c36-4ce6-aa2b-4c3dff3fc221-image.png

that "ld: library not found for -lAAXLibrary_libpp" might be the indicator that Im missing something in the AAX SDK....

• @Lindon Open HISE/tools/SDK/AAX/Libs/AAXLibrary/MacBuild/AAXLibrary.xcodeproj and perform a standard "Build for profiling"
    Note that the root folder has been renamed just AAX

• @Lindon Yes that's it, library not found means you are compiling without having the lib in the SDK... Compile the SDK first and it should work

• @ustk OK so I down load the SDK (AAX_SDK_2p2p2) extract it to a drive.

-- go to: /AAXSDK_2p2p2/libs/MacBuild and double click on AAXLibrary.xcodeproj

-- xcode opens and tells me:

43dbf5bb-650b-4f01-a8b1-7d490fce4a65-image.png

--stuck!

• @Lindon Why don't you use the 2.3.2 version?

• @Lindon oh hang on 2p3p2 seems to be compiling....

• @ustk sorry yeah I had tried 2p3p2 I thought - perhaps not...

• @Lindon fingers crossed 😉

• @ustk yep well that worked - so what do put in the tools/SDK folder for HISE now? the entire AAX_SDK_2p3p2 folder? do I rename it AAX SDK ?

• sigh---- ok well now I get these errors:

❌ error: You don’t have permission to save the file “Info.plist” in the folder “Contents”.

❌ error: couldn't remove '/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/RetroVolt.aaxplugin/Contents/PkgInfo' after command failed: Permission denied

❌ error: couldn't remove '/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/RetroVolt.aaxplugin/Contents/Info.plist' after command failed: Permission denied

• oh no --so close...

So I opened up permission on everything in this chain and ran again - this time it built the plug but failed at the end:

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
    SetOwnerAndGroup lindon:staff /Library/Application\ Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/RetroVolt.aaxplugin
    (1 failure)
    Compiling finished. Cleaning up...
    logout
    Saving session...
    ...copying shared history...
    ...saving history...truncating history files...
    ...completed.

• @ustk said in AAX compile on a Mac:

@Lindon https://forum.hise.audio/topic/2432/aax-compile-on-a-mac/13

yes I've done all this and compiled the AAX SDK and loaded it in as AAX and run my builds and still I'm getting these permission errors....

• @Lindon What do you mean by "loaded it in as"? You just place the whole folder in the hise/tool/SDK, rename it AAX and compile right?

• @ustk yes.

Now I ran xcode using sudo and it tells me it was a success -- but I cant find the AAX plugin anywhere... do you know where it should be I thought it would be in: library/Audio/plugins/DigiDesign

-- where would it be any ideas?

• @Lindon said in AAX compile on a Mac:

@ustk yes.

Now I ran xcode using sudo and it tells me it was a success -- but I cant find the AAX plugin anywhere... do you know where it should be I thought it would be in: library/Audio/plugins/DigiDesign

-- where would it be any ideas?

Oh hang on is it in:

Library/Application Support/Avid/Plug-Ins/<myproduct>.aaxplugin

Is that it?

Why oh why in heavens name cant all plugins get put in a common place on the Mac?

• OK so if I run xcode as sudo I can get this to compile, but its a PITA, so I'd really really like it to compile "out of the box" in HISE...

So here's whats happening when I ask HISE to build me an AAX plugin:

We start with the fairly standard:

Lindons-Mac-mini:~ lindon$ /Volumes/Untitled/BeatskillzTemplate/Binaries/batchCompileOSX ; exit;
    Re-saving file: /Volumes/Untitled/BeatskillzTemplate/Binaries/AutogeneratedProject.jucer
    Finished saving: Visual Studio 2017
    Finished saving: Xcode (MacOSX)
    Finished saving: Xcode (iOS)
    Finished saving: Linux Makefile
    Compiling Instrument plugin RetroVolt ...

this is followed by the usual array of warning messages... then we get to the business end of things:

▸ Building library libRetroVolt.a
    ▸ Building RetroVolt/RetroVolt - VST3 [Release]
    ▸ Check Dependencies
    ▸ Compiling include_juce_audio_plugin_client_VST3.cpp
    ▸ Linking RetroVolt
    ▸ Touching RetroVolt.vst3
    ▸ Building RetroVolt/RetroVolt - AAX [Release]
    ▸ Check Dependencies
    ▸ Compiling include_juce_audio_plugin_client_AAX.mm
    ▸ Linking RetroVolt

❌  ld: can't write output file: /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/RetroVolt.aaxplugin/Contents/MacOS/RetroVolt for architecture x86_64

❌  clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
    	Ld /Library/Application\ Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/RetroVolt.aaxplugin/Contents/MacOS/RetroVolt normal x86_64
    (1 failure)
    Compiling finished. Cleaning up...
    logout
    Saving session...
    ...copying shared history...
    ...saving history...truncating history files...
    ...completed.

Is it something I've set up wrong?

• @Lindon Have you selected the Support32 Bit Mac OS flag in Hise Preferences/Development?

• @ustk --er not that I am aware....

• @Lindon x86 errors are related to 32bit issues. And AAX can't be 32bit afaik, so it might be a lead...

Users

Topics