Possible to download data Within Hise Script

• Hi all , I'd like to write a plugin where the user can download new midi patterns or samples.

From what can tell I can't just use npm modules since HISE only implements a subset of JavaScript.

Another option is to create a configuration manager outside of HISE that feeds data into the VST plugin.

And thank you for creating this tool, I was on the verge of giving up before finding it

• @nodeToVst

HISE only implements a subset of JavaScript.

HISE doesn't use Javascript as is known to web developers. It uses it's own language which I think is officially unnamed but I call it HISE Script. It looks, smells, and tastes like Javascript but it isn't Javascript.

I'd like to write a plugin where the user can download new midi patterns or samples

I'm not sure about MIDI patterns but it's definitely possible to have it download samples, PercX does this. However I don't know how to implement it, I think it currently requires some C++ skillz. Hopefully we'll see some of the innovations made in PercX filter down to the scripting API so we can do stuff like this more easily.

• @d-healey thanks for the reply.

So could I edit the VSTs samples via a seperate application ? That's the other route I'm considering

• @nodeToVst

You can use the Expansions system to provide additional sample content (sample maps + samples) to your plugin. This is how PercX works but it does it all from within the VST. You'd need to build a separate installer to place the content in the right location on your user's system and you'd need to design your plugin to make use of the expansions.

Users

Topics