Linux build of HISE

• I've completely removed JACK now and set the JACK flag to 0 in projucer. I'm still getting the JUCE Assertion failure in UtilityClasses.h:489 message though when trying to run it but I think this rules out JACK as the cause.

Is there a simple way to open the HISE project in code blocks? I might be able to do some more useful debugging.

• I couldn't get it running in codeblocks but I found a front end for gdb which is giving me a little more info. It seems (but I could be way off) that the crash occurs in PresetHandler.cpp at this line 2161 ScopedPointer<Processor> p = t->createProcessor(j, "X");

Update:
    I just put return false; at the beginning of that function XmlElement * PresetHandler::buildFactory(FactoryType *t, const String &factoryName) { return false; recompiled and HISE opens up :) Looks like my debugging skills aren't too shabby. I don't know how to fix it properly though so I'll leave that to you :)

• Is it possible to export to a VSTi on Linux yet? I'm only seeing options for VS2013 and VS2015 when I select VSTi. Should I be seeing something like G++/GCC?

• administrators

No I haven't added automatic export for Linux yet. However you might try to export as Standalone app / VST plugin, then open the AutogeneratedProject.jucer file, add a Linux Makefile target, save and run it and with a little bit of luck it may work :)

• Unfortunately only the standalone Mac/iOS options show up in the dialog.

• administrators

Ah this is no problem the logic behind this is

If windows then show Standalone app
    Else show Standalone OSX

so I just didn't handle the Linux case when creating the dialogue options

• I get a compilation error

• administrators

I've just added support for exporting Standalone apps in Linux, but you have to manually launch the autogenerated bash script in the Binaries folder (somehow I can't spawn a process on Linux that opens a terminal automatically).

1. Load the instrument
    2. File -> Export -> Export as Standalone App (VST plugin will follow soon)
    3. Press OK to open the Binaries folder.
    4. Open a terminal at the location and run ./batchCompileLinux.sh

• Thanks Christoph, looking forward to testing this

Looks like your connection to Linux build of HISE was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.