Licence cost ?

• Meanwhile back at the questions...

These look good Chris, add in something about add-on sample packs if you want but until you have a viable solution I'd caveat any question about them.

• My experience has absolutely nothing to do with you at all, you think this is a pissing contest ?
    Your experience is your experience, and while your experience may be what you posed, it could be caused by various things, maybe the standalone VSTs that you have released where better than the Kontakt soundbanks ? Because if you are releasing a kontakt soundbank at the exact same time as a standalone and comparing sales, sorry, but that is flawed.
    Oh and thanks for telling the developer to caveat serious questions, very strange behaviour ?

• administrators

Ok everybody calm down. It seems that you two have made different experiences regarding sales and arguing about the reasons why is pretty random.

I still add the question about addons - its not rocket science to implement this and I am sure I'll find a way but I am interested in how many people want this feature.

Edit: sorry Lindon just reread your post and it seems like this is exactly the thing you said :)

• Don't worry about it if nobody else wants it

• Any news at all on licence cost yet ?

• administrators

Not yet, still thinking about it :)

• OK cheers for the update ;)

• Just found this project due to Computer Music magazine. I am very glad to see this particular conversation happening as I agree with much that is being discussed here. So any news on licence cost or are we still thinking about how to do this? The outcome of this topic will make or break my willingness to develop with this platform.

• administrators

I am pretty much settled on the licensing scheme and different distribution channels of instruments that are built with HISE which I think will be covering both low budget projects as well as big flagship products in a more user friendly way.

I won't spoiler too much publicly until it's really thought through and lawyer approved, but if you're really interested PM me and I'll talk something more about it.

Looks like your connection to Licence cost ? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.